Sunday, April 17, 2011

I have such wonderful friends!

This experience has had me on quite an emotional roller coaster ride. I've really learned that I have a lot of really good friends, neighbors, and of course, family. For those of you who weren't aware of it, my family is scattered all across the U.S. I have the West Coast represented with a brother on the East Coast and both brothers and sisters in between. They have all taken the time to call or write so we've been able to stay in touch. My sister-in-law who lives on the East Coast (Virginia) is coming next week to stay with me and be my nurse maid. My sister-in-law from Denver (Dave's sister) is flying in today since Courtney has to leave on Tuesday to go back to Chicago. My friend Jessie is going to do the "sister swap" and take care of getting sisters to and from the airport.

I learned on Friday that my office is organizing "food for Brenda" where they sign up to bring dinner to my house everyday. Courtney and I got our first delivery yesterday!

It's really awesome having people doing these things that are so helpful and mean so much to me!

The day after I got home from the hospital was a very busy day for Courtney. I was taking a nap which I do about an hour after every pain pill. During my nap, two flower deliveries showed up and three brothers/sisters called to check in! Prior to my nap, a morning delivery of flowers and an Edible Arrangement were delivered. Like I said, people have been so awsome to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment