Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!

As many of you know, today is my birthday! Yes it's true - I'm 55-year-old today. Tonight is the big birthday party that is also known as "The Boob Voyage Party"! Courtney, Sarah and I decided that all things considered, this birthday more than any other, deserves a party. What better theme for the party than "boob voyage"! Other options were "Ta Ta to the Ta Tas" or "Bye Bye Boobies". Guests are asked to bring appetizers such as chicken breasts, melons, or jugs of beverages! OK it's probably a little political incorrect but if I let this cancer diagnosis consume me I would be curled up in a little ball in tears. I'm not typically a person who reacts like that. I am more of a person who comes out swinging. I still have times when all of this gets to be very overwhelming and I do have the times that I cry and ask "why me" but those are rare moments. No one every expects to get the cancer diagnosis and I think there are probably a variety of ways that people handle it. I would prefer to embrace life and celebrate what I do have not what I'm losing!

1 comment:

  1. So bummed I couldn't make it to the party on Saturday night...happy belated birthday! AND - I wanted you to know that I will be thinking about you tonight and tomorrow (and the days after). Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete