Monday, March 28, 2011

More Tests......

Today I thought I would be proactive and call the surgeon's office to see if they had scheduled the second biopsy. It turns out that I need to have an ultrasound done first. The lesion on the left side was detected by way of MRI. The radiologist doesn't know if the ultrasound will be able to pick up said lesion since the MRI picks up more detail. If the ultrasound doesn't pick up this lesion then it will need to be an MRI-guided biopsy rather than an ultrasound-guided biopsy. It makes sense it's just one more stop along the way! As of today I have an appointment for an ultrasound of the left breast on Wednesday afternoon. I'm going to go take care of the bloodwork the oncologist wants as well. Keep in mind that all of these tests are being done at different locations! The ultrasound happens at one location, the bloodwork is the same building but a different floor. The biopsies are all done at a different place. The MRI is done at another place and the bone scan is done at the hospital. Oh, and it's not the hospital where I'll be having surgery. The surgery will be done at Palomar Pomerado Hospital in Poway. At least these are all within reasonable proximity to each other. The surgery has been confirmed for April 12th at 2:30 p.m. Since it's going to be later in the day I'll probably be there overnight.

Keep the well wishes coming. As the date gets nearer I'm growing a little more anxious.

1 comment:

  1. When they're doing the ultrasound, ask the tech if she can tell if it's a boy or a girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete