Saturday, March 26, 2011

Enough Already!!

All things considered, I've been going through all of the tests and procedures and doing pretty well. On Thursday, I got a call from the general surgeon. He had received the results of my MRI that was done earlier in the week. He said the left breast shows a lesion. All along they've only been looking at the right one because that is where the tumors are. In looking at my mammogram taken in June 2010 the left one didn't show calcifications or lesions. The purpose of doing the MRI was to make sure they were seeing anything suspicious in both breasts. I guess the test was worthwhile. My understanding is that a breast lesion is an  abnormality or alteration in the tissue’s integrity (that is according to my second source of information - the Internet!). The surgeon now wants a biopsy of that area to see exactly what it is. That means more needles. But if there is something going on with the left breast then let's find it now!

The surgeons are trying to get me scheduled for April 12th so getting this biopsy done ASAP is important so they know what they are dealing with. My feeling about all of this - just do a double mastectomy and let's start all over with new ones!

I'm learning a lot about breast cancer through all of this. Did you know that breast cancer is found more frequently in the left breast? Mine started on the right side so I've disproved that theory!

Thank you to all of you for your support and positive feedback. It really does help and goes a long way!

2 comments:

  1. ugh, such a bummer about the other side :( But, you have the right attitude...NOW is the time to find it and NOW is the time to start over. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and sending positive vibes to you and to Courtney; I have to say though, not to make light but man I am with you, take them both sign me up for a brand new perky pair ;) if you or Courtney need anything please let me know. If nothing else I can send some post-op cupcakes or grandma brownies :)

    ReplyDelete