Sunday, May 8, 2011

Back on track again.

The surgery went well on Thursday. Marsha is here with me and will be staying for an additional week. Marsha's husband (my brother) Lyle came on Thursday as well so they were both with me at the hospital and drove me home afterwards. They were troopers. I had to be at the hospital at 1:30 p.m. with the surgery scheduled for 3:30. The surgery got started about 5:00 p.m. and took an hour. They kept me for another couple of hours after surgery before letting me go home. We finally got home around 8:30 p.m. It was a long day or all of us.

If you've had surgery before you know that you can't eat or drink anything after midnight the night before. They let me have a piece of toast at 5:30 a.m. but nothing more the rest of the day. By the time we got to the hospital I was starving and a little cranky. The first thing I see at the hospital is a big poster with a nice cup of coffee and some pretty muffins! I was ready to lick that poster!

Lyle left yesterday to go back to Virginia. He had business in Southern California so it worked out well that he could be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment