Sunday, July 17, 2011

Latest Update

I haven't done any updating recently because I've been back at work! After my first chemo I was out for the next 7 days. Following the last chemo treatment I was able to go back after 6 days. I've found that going back to work gets helps me to recover faster. I think it's having a routine and physically moving more helps me get my strength back sooner.

My next chemo will be on Thursday, July 21st and I'm ready. This one will get me to the halfway point - three down and three to go! I know now when I will have good and bad days and I can plan accordingly. Oddly enough, the day after chemo I usually feel pretty good, tired but good. It's two days after treatment that the side effects start in. Three and four days after chemo are usually the hardest. I would describe it as having a bad case of the flu for two days. Someone asked me the other day if I was just not telling her how bad I really feel! It's true, I really only have a couple of days of feel poorly and two to three days of being tired and worn out. I think chemotherapy treatment has come a long way!

I was in Las Vegas from June 24-29 for the National HR Convention. I had been planning to go to that conference for months and NOTHING was going to stop me! It was a great convention and my energy level was very good. We had some late nights so there were a few mornings where I wasn't up too early but don't think I had any chemo effects the entire time I was there.

I have lost all of my hair now. Once it started coming out it all came out. I have a few areas of hair stubble but it's pretty limited! I picked up my second wig last weekend. I like it more than the first, shorter wig! The new one looks very much like my old hair. Many people have been fooled by the wig and think it's my own hair - that's how good it is! Again, I'm very grateful to my co-workers at Peregrine who provided the funds for me to buy these two wonderful wigs. Being able to wear a wig helps me to feel a little more "normal".

I'll provide another update after my next chemo!

I

No comments:

Post a Comment