Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Halfway Through Chemo!!!

I have another round of chemo done and I'm halfway through! I have 6 rounds to do and 3 behind me. I can't really say they have been easier or harder they've just been more chemo. :(

I learned something interesting this time. I usually get bad bone pain in the form of a nasty headache two days after chemo. The nurse told me to take Claritin for the bone pain. She couldn't explain why it worked only that she had heard it worked. She was right! I took Claritin Friday night and Saturday morning I work up with no headache. I still had the queasiness that goes along with chemo but the actual pain was greatly reduced.

I did have a moment of "can I go through this for three more treatments?" The nausea and generally feeling poorly had all caught up with me but then I don't like having a cold for more than 3 days! I decided I needed a nap and (as Jessie says) "a do over". That nap made all the difference. Never underestimate the power of a nap.

In summary, chemo on Thursday, queasy and achy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday then back to work on Monday. It doesn't get easier but it doesn't seem to get any worse either. It's just chemo!

Next chem (#4) will be August 11th.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing GREAT!! Thanks for keeping us updated :) The half way point is such a big milestone. Again, great job! (And many thanks to Jessie!!)

    ReplyDelete